Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Whoa!


"Don't dream it, be it!"

Thank you Dr. Frankenfurter for those words of timeless wisdom.

So at several points in my life I've been forced to read those ridiculous books by motivational speakers, you know those books with pictures of guys with really perfect teeth and bad hair and a bunch of made up words-- things like "top 732 secrets of super successating" or " wealth-alate your sales" or "super incomic wealth creative capitalizationizing."

Well anyways, those guys always say stuff like "if you visualize the ideal parking spot, then it will be there." And that "internal-affirmationizing" will bring "real-world" results. And although I've always believed that these guys were nicking the tippy edge of truth with a lucky bit of stray hot air, they're mostly full of crap.

But after writing yesterday's post, I felt more confident than ever about my desire for a music career. I got myself all worked up and said to myself "well what can I do today to make it happen." And just then the phone rang.

To make a long-ish story short-ish, yesterday I... got two gigs-- a nice concert in April and an opera role in the summer with a singer who is one of my favorite recording artists, an offer for a voice facutly position at a University, an offer to help me complete my Masters degree at a very good school, and finally a call-back for another opera.

The odd thing is: after saying to myself "I want this!" and having the universe say "uh, ok," it made me kind of scared....

Now if I could just put my Jedi powers to work more often....

"Pizza appearo!"

Ah, we have Chicago-style leftovers in the fridge! I'm getting good at this.

"Big-tittied beautiful naked women just don't fall out of the sky, you know."

No comments:

 
!-- Site Meter -->