Monday, June 26, 2006

Jack White is the man

The punk rock formula: Energy + simplicity= awesome.

Heard it last night and knew immediately it was a JW song-- but I thought it was a new Raconteurs song. Looked it up. really cool video to boot.

This song is sure to be a big hit.
Edited to add:
I;m a huge dork. Yeah, it's going to be a big hit, in 2004. In England. Apparently this song came out in 2003, and I just never heard it until last night. But I'm not alone, it wasn't added to youtube until this spring. And I guess Detroit rockers "electric six" deny the involvement of Jack White with their band, which is classic Jack White. From what I understand, Both parties, Jack and Electeic 6 deny even knowing who the others are "Jack White, who's he?"

4 comments:

Michael Hoag said...

Hmm, their new album (2005) was only released in the UK and Australia....

Confusion Say said...

That is hilarious! There are a lot of great songs that never get any airtime on the radio, so no one knows about them. That's why I try and post "new" music on my My Space to give them some kind of props. Not that it will do a whole lot for them though...since I am only one person...

*Love the people in the video....perfect cast*

Confusion Say said...

Posting for P in Confusion alias:

Oh my god that was probably one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! I could see Jack White doing something like that. But I pictured this video being more of a Jack Black thing. I think the funniest part for me was the fact that the moose lit up too......disturbing...yet insanely funny all at the same time. I love ridiculous videos like that. I wonder if that band's entire album sounds like that...hmmmm I think I might have to look into that. Also Keri wanted me to add that Britney Spears should have made an appearance with the moose doing a techno dance. I concur.

Skahfee said...

So, I was thinking about this because I heard Jack White on Q101 (I think he was at Lollapalooza). Jack White is indeed involved with this song- he sung backup vocals. They also became big in the same venues in Detroit that the White Stripes played when they hit, so there's probably more of a connection than that.

Check out the Electric 6 article on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_6

 
!-- Site Meter -->